If you feel bad about leaving your dog behind when you are at work or feel your dog is getting bored at home while you are away, doggy daycare is a great option.
Dog daycare centers can help meet your dog’s needs for attention and activity. Here are some very important benefits dogs get when they go to a daycare instead of being alone at home.
- If your dog is a high-energy breed who feels bored at home, s/he can enjoy playing and socializing with other dogs at a boarding or daycare center.
- When your dog is home alone, there is no way for him/her to use the energy s/he has. So, your dog may greet you bored or irritated. At a daycare, s/he gets to play, socialize, snack and nap while you’re away. At the end of the day, you meet a pleasantly tired dog who is happy to relax with you all evening.
- Dogs are pack animals. A daycare allows them to roam, play and interact with other dogs even when you can’t take them out.
- Other important benefits of doggy daycare include –
- Relief from boredom
- Relief from loneliness and separation anxiety that loneliness can cause in dogs
- Socialization with people and other dogs
- Provides the needed exercise
- Prevention of destructive behavior, when left unsupervised
- Relief from guilt for dog owners who feel bad about leaving their dogs home alone