No products in the cart.
It is not uncommon for dog owners to hand over a table scrap or their own favorite food to their pups. While there are many human foods dogs can enjoy, there are many foods that may prove harmful, even deadly to your pup.
- Xylitol – Xylitol is an artificial sweetener, often found in gum and candy. It can cause your pup’s blood sugar to drop and may even lead to liver failure.
- Avocado – Avocados, though very good for you, contain Persin which may prove poisonous to your pup, if offered in large quantities.
- Onions and Garlic – Common food ingredients, garlic and onion, can destroy your pup’s red blood cells and cause anemia.
- Grapes and Raisins – These fruits can cause kidney failure in dogs.
- Milk and other Dairy Products – These can lead to digestive problems in pups.
- Macadamia Nuts – Macadamia nuts can cause muscle shakes, vomiting, high temperatures, and weakness in the back legs of your pup. This can happen even if they are consumed in very small quantities.
- Chocolate – You may love your chocolate but it contains theobromine which is extremely toxic to your pup. It can cause heart problems, tremors, seizers, and even death.
- Salt or Salty Foods – Excessive salt intake can lead to sodium ion poisoning in your pup.
- Bones and Fat Trimmings – It is not uncommon for dog owners to offer their pups bones and fat trimmings. These in both cooked and uncooked forms can cause pancreatitis in dogs. Check with your dog’s vet which foods are safe for your specific dog.
Before handing your pup a special treat, ALWAYS check whether that food is safe for your pup. It can save your pup’s life.
If you are looking for the best dog products, such as custom built dog doors, storage door latches, ventilation fans for dogs and aluminum popup vents in USA, check out Dog Box Parts online or write to firstname.lastname@example.org Today